[Openswan Users] Openswan -> Cisco over GRE

Michel Andre de la Porte madelaporte at touchtunes.com
Tue Dec 4 11:01:33 EST 2007

Hey All,

I've managed to get the cisco -> openswan ipsec tunnel up and
established. However, I had to use rightsubnet and leftsubnet to
establish the connection. I am using BGP for dynamic routing everywhere
else, so I would prefer to route over a GRE tunnel that is encrypted by
IPsec(again, as I do in openswan to openswan tunnels).

If I leave the leftsubnet/rightsubnet, when I up the connection ipsec
simply replaces the bgp learned routes with it's own static route,
breaking the routing.

I tried to remove the leftsubnet and rightsubnet, but the cisco device
refuses the connection with "policy not acceptable".

Has anyone managed to get it up and running in this fashion?

Miche

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION
This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.
DOCUMENT CONFIDENTIEL
Le présent courriel et tout fichier joint à celui-ci peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou privilégiés. Si cet envoi ne s'adresse pas à vous ou si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, vous devez l'effacer. Vous ne pouvez conserver, distribuer, communiquer ou utiliser les renseignements qu'il contient. Nous vous prions de nous signaler l'erreur par courriel. Merci de votre collaboration.