[Openswan Users] xl2tpd seems to cause packets to get mangled or disappear

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Aug 30 18:37:24 EDT 2007

Ray Overland wrote:

> products containing Openswan. For me to set up a Linux PC and try this
> is a significant time/money issue, and it remains a last resort option

I see. I simply assumed that most people start with an x86 setup before
running the stuff on another architecture. On x86 you slap a distribution
on a PC, apt-get/urpmi/yum/yast openswan and l2tpd, copy a few .conf files
and you're set.

> I just finished getting rp-l2tp to
> cross compile, but the rpl2tpd.conf is causing some confusion.

I've attached a simple rp-l2tp.conf for 1 client. A RADIUS server is not
required if you have only one client. For testing purposes this should be
enough.

> I am getting the "Error 737 Loopback detected" problem with Openswan
> 2.4.9 and l2tpd 0.70 combination

Is this the 0.70pre version from Debian?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl