[Openswan Users] Openswan Cisco Interoperability

Frank Schmirler osusers at schmirler.de
Mon Aug 13 04:54:42 EDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 01:35:55 -0400 (EDT), Paul Wouters wrote
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Bholi Patra wrote:
>
> > Just for the sake of completeness I did the following setup.
> > Cisco in transport mode and openswan in tunnel mode.
> >
> > Still an ipsec connection comes up.
> > Is it a cisco bug too?
>
> If openswan initiated, yes?
>
> I've added a testcase for such an attempt in openswan #testing, so
> if this is a bug, we will see it happen in the next testrun.

I've already posted this back in May, but noone seemed to care. It's not only
a problem with type=tunnel/transport but also with auth=ah/esp. See last
paragraph of http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2007-May/001560.html for
setup and testcase.

Cheers,
Frank