[Openswan Users] Problem with default route on tunnel

Harald Scharf h.scharf at nestec.at
Mon Apr 23 05:54:05 EDT 2007

Hello, list

We want to make our vpn mesh network to use an ipsec tunnel

as default route to the central site, so that any unknown traffic (with
no explicit vpn destination) uses

the central firewall policies.

The connection becomes established, but the problem is, that any

local routes on the vpn box (witch acts as default gw for the LAN
clients) are no longer accessible.

For explanation:

We have the WAN Interface, the LAN Interface and the DMZ interface.

If the tunnel is set to "leftsubnet=0/0" or "leftsubnet=128.0.0.0/0"

then ALL packets are using the tunnel, also these, which should

be routed locally (to the DMZ).

Any ideas, what I can do to get this working properly?

Kind regards

Harald

NESTEC - Die IT Security & Messaging Distribution mit Personlichkeit
GFi Software - BitDefender - NOD32 - BRICKS ISS - pdfMachine
2X Terminal & ThinClient Solutions -Accunetix
Besuchen sie uns: www.nestec.at