[Openswan Users] FW:Which modules/versions do I need?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 11 23:46:35 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Chris Bartram wrote:

> >> grep: /etc/ipsec.conf: No such file or directory
> >> cat: /etc/ipsec.conf: No such file or directory
> >
> > Seems you have no config file??
>
> Hadn't gotten that far; I did just begin setting it up though. I want to
> allow two configs;

Normally openswan installs stub config files. They have one important feature,
which is to include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf. They also provide the
standard "config setup" section, where you will have to enable NAT-T.

> 1) roadwarrior on XP SP2 boxes (using windows built-in vpn) using certs and
> authenticating using my Win2003 domain controller
>
> 2) a remote peer network (also using certs) -using a commercial firewall
> that does support connections to Openswan (don't recall the name or OS at
> the moment though)

Should work.

> conn l2tp-X.509

>         right=%any
>         rightca=%same
>         rightrsasigkey=%cert
>         rightprotoport=17/1701
>         rightsubnet=vhost:%priv,%no

You might need rightprotoport=17/%any to support OSX (and perhaps Windows Vista)