[Openswan Users] Openswan Linux Client to SonicWall Windows

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Sep 27 04:35:27 EDT 2006

On Wed, September 27, 2006 09:40, Bas Driessen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 08:58 +0200, Francesco Peeters wrote:
<SNIP>
>> You'd also need to have the SNWL logs to knoe why it doesn't complete
>> phase 2
>>
>> Also you'll need more info on the SNWL side, including what version of
>> OS
>> they are using
>>
>> Lastly, if they have a halfway decent version, you will *not* be able to
>> use the GroupVPN SA, as that will require the SNWL VPN Client!...
>>

> Thanks Francesco. Will request the log files from the administrator.
>
> Can you please clarify GroupVPN SA versus VPN Client? All I need is a
> VPN client connection. If there is a different package that is easy to
> set up on Linux, that is the thing I want.
>
> Bas.
>
> ___
In more recent firmwares, the GroupVPN is set up for use with the
SonicWALL Global VPN Client (GVC).

AFAIK, the GroupVPN can *only* be used with the GVC, due to stuff like
Client Enforcing and Profile Distribution mechanisms in the SNWL box,
unless all the enhanced GVC features are turned off in the box, and even
then I'm not sure whether it'll work...

Older versions (And that excludes anything that runs SonicOS) will be able
to use the GroupVPN, but you'll need to have a firmware that predates the
GVC!

AFAIK the GVC is only available for Windows and Windows Mobile...

In newer firmware you will need to use a separate 'box to box' vpn SA...

HTH

--
Francesco Peeters
----