[Openswan Users] win mobile 5.0 to openswan

Eray Aslan eray.aslan at caf.com.tr
Fri Sep 22 03:42:05 EDT 2006

A little off-topic, but given the abilities of many here, I thought I'd ask.

I set up a wireless network.  Access to internal lan and internet is
provided by openswan 2.4.6 and xl2tpd 1.0.4.  All traffic except VPN gets
rejected at the firewall.  Laptops with WinXp are running fine.  No
problems there.  But I have a problem with PDAs with Windows Mobile 5.0.

VPN from PDAs to openswan gets established fine.  PDAs get internal IP
address from xl2tpd.  In other words, PDAs gets 2 IP addresses from
Openswan server as expected, one for wireless network (thru dhcp) and one
for VPN end point.  However, any traffic from PDAs gets transmitted with
wireless IP address and are thus getting rejected.  I cannot get the PDAs
to use the VPN for their communication to openswan server.

Perhaps, setting VPN IP address as the default route will solve the
problem.  But I am not sure how to do that with WinMobile.

Any ideas or pointers appreciated.
Thanks

--
Eray