[Openswan Users] VPN and routing question / problem

Bas Rijniersce bas at brijn.nu
Mon Sep 11 14:27:33 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a machine in India connected to a machine in Vancouver. They can talk
to each other over the VPN without problems. The Vancouver machine has a
second VPN that connects to a service provider with an AS/400. Users from
Vancouver can reach the As/400 without problems. So in summary

[ Mumbai - 192.168.1.0/24 ] ---------------------- [ Vancouver -
192.168.70.0/24 ] ---------------------- [ AS/400 - 172.16.7.1/32 ]

Mumbai can reach Vancouver
Vancouver can reach Mumbai
Vancouver can reach AS/400

Now how do I get Mumbai to reach AS/400.. I added a route to the machine in
Mumbai to point traffic to the ipsec tunnel.
When I "tethereal -i ipsec0" I see the packets entering the tunnel, but they
never appear on the other side.

Is it possible to route directly to the AS/400?
What could be wrong?

Thank you,
Bas