[Openswan Users] I can't ping windows computers

Jim Barber jim.barber at ddihealth.com
Thu Oct 19 02:52:31 EDT 2006

Also make sure the Windows firewall isn't getting in the way on the Windows host you are trying to ping.
This has caught me once (and only once).
XP service pack 2 enables the firewall within it's security centre which by default blocks all pings, even from machines on it's local LAN.

Jim Barber
DDI Health