[Openswan Users] Vpn Multiple Connections

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Oct 16 17:21:17 EDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Peter McGill wrote:

> I don't have experience with the linksys, but some other people on the list do.

I work over VPN tunnels daily, and they're openwrt+openswan.

> But I know freeswan did support RSA, though freeswan is obsolete.
> The setup I gave you below should work fine between freeswan and openswan.
> Do you have direct access to the conf's on the linksys or just a web interface?
> Does the linksys give you an RSA option?

AFAIK (it's been a while) the BPF(?) linksys with freeswan-1.92 does not
offer raw RSA keys.

It's $60 to get a linksys wrt54GS or L version. Flash openwrt White Russian
latest RC release, reboot, ssh into the machine and run: ipkg update and
ipkg install openswan. Throw away the old linksys vpn device.

there are pppoe and pptp openwrt images for all DSL and cable solutions.