[Openswan Users] Basic Openswan question

Ladi mafja at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 20:09:49 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

I didn't really do any sniffing but what i'm sure of is that if i try to disable the IPSec policy on the client (and on the server it is still enabled) then i won't be able to connect. If the policy is enabled on both sides (server and client) then then i can connect to the terminal server.

Whether the policies are enabled on client and server or disabled on the client and enabled on the server, I'm still able to connect for example to ftp or ping without any problem (because i only filtered TCP port 3389).

Anyways i'll try to sniff the traffic and see what is going on.

Thanks a lot,
Ladi

If you can't be a highway, be a trail. If you can't be the sun, be a star. It is not by size, that you win or fail. Be the best of what you are!