[Openswan Users] KIPS broken, NETKEY works

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Mon Nov 6 05:05:50 EST 2006

Quoting Turbo Fredriksson <turbo at bayour.com>:

> Now, just for the sake of it, I disabled the openswan-modules-source
> package and installed the linux-patch-openswan again (going through
> 'make menuconfig').  Setting 'CONFIG_KLIPS=m' and add all 'KLIPS
> options' (including CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI but NOT
> CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_1DES).

just in case someone catches something I don't:

http://bayour.com/misc/openswan/kernel-config-2.6.17_openswan.txt
http://bayour.com/misc/openswan/linux-source-2.6.17-10.70-build_out.txt

This is by ONLY using the linux-patch-openswan package (which is applied
cleanly and correctly by make-kpkg).

The weird thing is that I get: