[Openswan Users] Windows XP L2TP

Alexandre Ghisoli alexandre.ghisoli at ycom.ch
Sat May 27 16:30:33 CEST 2006

Jacco,

thanks for your answer, see below

Jacco de Leeuw a écrit :
> Alexandre Ghisoli wrote:
>
>> I'm lost now, while trying a L2TP tunnel with my linux GW.
>> So my Client is NAT'ed by a ADSL router, and openswan box [h?]as
>> interfaces, one with real ip address, one on lowsec internal lan.
>>
>> conn %default
>>        forceencaps=yes
>
> Why are you using this? And what version of Openswan are you using?

Dont know, I've take it out from and old 2.2 config file (a dead
motherboard forced me to update everything on a new computer, fresh start).

Take it away.

OOh, session start !

>> But then, L2TP dont startup, :
>
> What do the xl2tpd logs say?
Until now, nothing. This doenst come until L2TP. No usefull logs in
Windows XP.

For now I've to check everything, session is started, seems to be working.

Thanks !!

BTW, what does this forceencaps do ?

--Alexandre