[Openswan Users] Openswan in transport mode

karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com
Fri May 26 11:49:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am implementing IPsec using openswan in snapgear embedded linux ,i am
configuring IPsec  in transport mode and want to establish a IPsec
connection between the windowsXP and the embedded linux machine where
IPsec is configured.In windows XP machine IPsec is configured using
secpol.msc.

I am not able to establish a IPsec connection between the two
machines.This is the ipsec.conf i am using it in the embedded linux
machine.

config setup
        klipsdebug=yes
        plutodebug=yes
        pluto=yes

conn net-to-net
        type=transport
        left=the source ip
        leftid=i have given the source ip itself again here.Is that
wrong or what ip should i give ?? should domain name be given ???
        leftnexthop= I have given the right ip ie. the destination ip.
Is it right ???
        right= The destination ip.
        rightid= Have given the right ip here .
        rightnexthop=  I gave the source ip here ie the left ip.
        auth=esp
        esp=3des-sha1
        authby=secret
        pfs=no
        auto=start

Please tell me what changes or modifications i have to do in the
ipsec.conf file and make  the connection establish between the windows
XP machine and the openswan machine.

Thanks and Regards
Karthik

www.wipro.com