[Openswan Users] Testing openswan between a win2k and linux box

karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com
Mon May 15 18:57:42 CEST 2006

hi ,

We are using openswan for implementation of IPsec.In the Windows 2000 PC
we configured IPsec and gave the command net start policy agent . It
says IPsec starting .In the linux box i ran the IPsec image and pluto as
a daemon and added the connection name and tried to ping to the windows
PC but it is not pinging.From the windows PC if i try to ping then it
says negotiating IP security and pinging is not happening there also .

But if i try to disable the IPsec in windows and then ping it is pinging
on both the ends properly.

I gave ipsec auto --up net-to-net command and it gives the following
message

STATE_MAIN_I1: initiate
STATE_MAIN_I1  retransmission will wait 20s for response;
#36: STATE_MAIN_I1: retransmission will wait 40s for response;
Is there any configuration problem on either end or which end should i
modify ?? Also please tell me what is tunnel end point ??? In windows PC
while i was
configuring there was a parameter tunnel end point and what IP address
should i give for that ???
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik

www.wipro.com