[Openswan Users] question about using openswan with adsl

Dino Dragovic dragovic at gfos.hr
Thu May 4 13:52:35 CEST 2006

Hongda Zhao wrote:

>I have setup my first VPN server following the
><http://megaz.arbuz.com/2005/01/28/linux-vpn-guide/>
>http://megaz.arbuz.com/2005/01/28/linux-vpn-guide/, it works
>
>In the /etc/ipsec.conf and /etc/ipsec.secrets files, this doc uses the
>static ip address like 150.150.150.150
>
>But my vpn server's ip is dynamic because I use the ADSL for connecting the
>server to internet,
>
>What should I enter instead of the 150.150.150.150?
><http://www.flip4mac.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=26&threadid=1
>119&enterthread=y> Any help will be appreciated.

I am using Openswan with janus (Dynamic DNS watcher) on ADSL link, and
it works without great.
Janus watches dynamic DNS host name and replaces the connection when the
ip changes.
You can find it in the Openswan source tarball

Regards,
Dino

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by Trinity & BitDefender.