[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.4.5rc5 Kernel 2.6.15

Chris Haumesser chris at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 20 16:04:28 CET 2006

Tobias Hadem wrote:

> are there any incompatibilities between OS 2.4.5rc5 and Kernel 2.6.15?

There don't appear to be, from my experience.  I'm currently running
linux-2.6.15.4 with openswan-2.4.5rc5, and it's working quite nicely.
I've also successfully used 2.6.15.2.  I'm not sure precisely which
patches you're using, but using the KLIPS stack with NAT-T via the
kernel patches on the openswan.org download page works for me.

> patching file include/net/xfrmudp.h
> can't find file to patch at input line 17
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?

This worked for me:

cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.15.4/
zcat openswan-2.4.5rc5.kernel-2.6-klips.patch.gz | patch -p1
zcat openswan-2.4.5rc5.kernel-2.6-natt.patch.gz | patch -p1

Both patches apply cleanly, and I'm able to compile the kernel without
any problems.

I should note, however, that something in Debian's default kernel
configuration causes compilation to fail.  It wasn't until I removed a
number of extraneous options that I was able to compile cleanly.

Hope this helps.

-C-

--

Chris Haumesser