[Openswan Users] Several connections with same public IP

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Mar 17 05:42:29 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Gwénaël ROUILLEC wrote:

> Does "xl2tpd" support freeradius ?

No, but I believe you can do this through a radius module in ppp.

> So, we are going to test ipsec/l2tp router endpoint for sites. Do you know
> some cheap models which matches my conf. ?
> For now, we intend to test the DLINK DI-824VUP.

I don't know of any router that could replace the openswan l2tp setup for
multiple clients behind the same NAT and multiple clients with the same
internal IP behind different NATs, apart from I guess a Microsoft Windows box.
We are working on it.

Another option might me XAUTH/ModeConfig, but we have not testing this on a
large scale, and you would have to install third party clients on the OSX and
windows to make it work.