[Openswan Users] steps to load KLIPS IPSec stack in 2.6.13 kernel

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Mar 3 19:09:25 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Pjothi wrote:

> My kernel is 2.6.13 (SUSE 10)
> Openswan version,- 2.4.5rc5
>
> The wiki and README in Openswan documentation are not clear. In README, it
> says to apply nattpatch first. I am getting errorrs like
> HUNK #1 failed

export KERNELSRC=/your/suse/kernel
cd openswan-2
make nattpatch > $KERNELSRC/natt.patch
cd $KERNELSRC
patch -p1 -s < natt.patch
make oldconfig
make clean
make bzImage modules modules_install
cd /your/openswan-2
make module module_install

> Does anyone have a nice documentation that explains simply what has to be
> done in an orderly way. My main motivation is to use KLIPS IPSec stack, with
> NAT-T so that I can use manual configuration with UDP encapsulation forced.

manual configuration? you mean manual keying? You should not be using manual keying.
There is no valid reason for it.