[Openswan Users] steps to load KLIPS IPSec stack in 2.6.13 kernel

Pjothi pjothi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:05:49 CET 2006

I would like to load KLIPS IPSec stack and unload NETKEY (as I understand
both cannot be used at the same time). I also want to patch KLIPS for NAT-T
support. CONFIG_IPSEC_NAT_TRAVERSAL

My kernel is 2.6.13 (SUSE 10)
Openswan version,- 2.4.5rc5

The wiki and README in Openswan documentation are not clear. In README, it
says to apply nattpatch first. I am getting errorrs like
HUNK #1 failed

Does anyone have a nice documentation that explains simply what has to be
done in an orderly way. My main motivation is to use KLIPS IPSec stack, with
NAT-T so that I can use manual configuration with UDP encapsulation forced.

many thanks and regards,
Pjothi