[Openswan Users] plutodebug per conn ?

Radek Antoniuk r.antoniuk at pixel.com.pl
Wed Jun 14 16:55:28 CEST 2006

Paul Wouters wrote:
 > On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Radek Antoniuk wrote:
 >

 >>Is it possible to set debugging per connection?
 >>I mean, sth like plutodebug=all but let's say for specific address.
 >>Cause it's hard to debug a failure on a system with multiple conn's...
 >

 > Pluto has the options --perpeerlogbase and --perpeerlog you can use.
 > Unfortunately, it seems confread is missing these options, so you cannot
 > easilly specify these in ipsec.conf.  This will be fixed shortly :)
 >
 > Meanwhile, you can try adding:
 >
 > plutoopts="--perpeerlogbase /var/log/pluto/ --perpeerlog"
 >
 > in "config setup".

Hello Paul,

I knew that you've thought about that :)
Although, it's working weird...
The logs are going into auth(syslog) as well, but that's not a problem.
But the /var/log/pluto/x/y/z/ip.log is getting logged in some weird
binary format. In other words, it's not clear text as in auth.log.
Is it supposed to be this way?

--
Cheers,
Radek Antoniuk