[Openswan Users] Private IP roadwarrior setup.

Radek Antoniuk r.antoniuk at pixel.com.pl
Sun Jun 11 14:28:16 CEST 2006

Hello,

Let's assume a following configuration:

192.168.1.0/24 <-> GW w/Openswan <-> INTERNET <-> Roadwarrior w/public
IP (WinXP/SP2)

Now,
I'd like to configure things to achieve that the roadwarrior gets an IP
from my private 1.0/24 subnet.
I have tested several configs and I'd like to know what is the simplest
method to achieve this.
While using native winxp stack with just an ipsec policy, i was able to
configure a tunnel, but I was visible with my public IP, not the private
one.
The other method is to use Windows VPN connection using L2TP+ipsec, but
I'd like not to use this solution if it is possible.

So really the question is that is this possible to achieve with the
native configuration?
Thanks in advance!

--
Radek