[Openswan Users] A quick question

Can Akalin canakalin77 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:01:28 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

I was reading a book called "Network Administrators Survival Guide" by Cisco
Press. Over there, at the chapter "Linux based VPN", it says that the Linux
machine that holds the Openswan VPN Server should have a 2 Ethernet NIC
cards. One for publicly routed IP address and for the private network. Is
this correct?

 I have a computer in my private network and it has one NIC card. This
machine is a Linux machine, behind a firewall router and has Openswan 2.4.5.
So, can't I use this Linux machine as a VPN Server?

One other question is that when I make a host-to-server connection from
remote, What IP address the remote host will take? Is there supposed to be a
DHCP server in the private network where the Openswan Server resides, or
perhaps in the machine that holds Openswan VPN server?

Thank you.

--
Can Akalin