[Openswan Users]

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Jul 7 13:58:23 CEST 2006

lizhong wrote:

> I am a beginner of Openswan.I tried to connect my openswan server on a
> machine running linux from another machine running windows XP, and the error
> message 31 was generated by windows.

Is 31 a typo? I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. What is the exact
error message (number and text)?

> conn L2TP-TEST
>         left=192.168.10.2
> [lns default]
> ip range = 192.168.10.128-192.168.10.254
> local ip = 192.168.10.3

"left=" and "local ip="/"ip range=" must be in different subnets.
(Unless perhaps the VPN server is located behind a NAT router, but
that does not appear to be the case because NAT is disabled in your
configuration).

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl