[Openswan Users] Troubleshooting Certificates

Pepitos Nestle pepewaw at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 18:36:37 CEST 2006

Im getting an "003 "crypto" #1: ignoring informational payload, type
INVALID_ID_ID_INFORMATION" error message during the negotiation with
certificates. im pretty sure theres sth wrong in the ipsec.conf file, but
cant spot it (and I tried lots of configurations/variations). BTW, im using
frees/Wan, hope thats not a problem for getting help.

I've created the certificates following the steps in this page:
http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-x509.php

Ive uploaded here http://rapidshare.de/files/25022287/debug.zip.html the
barfs from both sides, the .conf files, the .secrets, the certificates, a
gif with the configuration, and a sniffer (ehtereal) capture during the
error + another configuration that uses pre-shared RSA public keys that
works fine, 4 comparison (not PSK, but RSASIG)

all files starting with R1 are files from one of the gateways (router1), and
the same goes for R2 (router2).

In the RSA folder is the configuration that did work just fine; in certs is
the one that didnt (with certificates)

Any help is greatly appreciated.