[Openswan Users] Hanging connections

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 8 01:19:10 CET 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, David Williams wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately the fragicmp made no difference, I

That was only a work around for a somewht limited bug we had for a while.

> tried changing the mtu on the router and it's just hung up!

Are you sure you did not typo? I have also stupidly in the past typed things
like 'ifconfig eth0 1400' to "set" the mtu and had a rather ood IP appear on it
and ofcourse no more connectivity to it :)

> Anyway the router works fine when I connect from the other gentoo box. Do you
> think the problem could be used by something between the two sites?

It is most likely a network issue, so any router in the path of those two points
could be the problem. You can try to reduce the mtu even further. Try setting both
ends to 1200 and see what happens.