[Openswan Users] Which 2.6 kernel?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 1 19:12:23 CET 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Oliver Tomkins wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Openswan Users] Which 2.6 kernel?
>
> Paul, thanks.  I've changed and will test tomorrow.
>
> > > I have uniqueids=no currently, should I change this?
> >
> > Yes. That would cause the behaviour you describe.
>
> Could you please explain a little of why this behaviour would be caused?

       uniqueids     whether  a  particular  participant  ID  should  be  kept
                     unique, with any  new  (automatically  keyed)  connection
                     using an ID from a different IP address deemed to replace
                     all old ones using that ID;  acceptable  values  are  yes
                     (the  default)  and  no.   Participant  IDs  normally are
                     unique, so a new (automatically-keyed)  connection  using
                     the  same  ID is almost invariably intended to replace an
                     old one.

I believe it also applies to connections from the same IP address.