[Openswan Users] Upgrade question

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Dec 18 06:44:29 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Ludovic MARCILLY wrote:

> i'm trying to upgrade Openswan from 1.0.7 to 2.4.7 but i have some question. In order to install Openswan 1.0.7 on the machine, some patches were applied to the kernel :
>
> openswan-1.0.1-plutoctl.patch
> openswan-1.0.6-numif.patch

I do not know what those patches are. They are most likely not needed.

> What are they doing? Do they always exist with version 2.4.7 ? I have also seen Klips, do i need to install it?

Depends on whether you prefer klips or netkey. You can try netkey first,
since that doesn't take any extra steps, and if you get problems, switch
to klips. In general klips seems to work better with roadwarriors and
mtu issues, but for static tunnels both klips and netkey would equally well.