[Openswan Users] VPN to mobile phone

John John at DMJ-Consultancy.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 08:39:47 EDT 2006

Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> Has anyone made sense of the connection of Linux (Preferably SuSE 10.0)
>> to a Nokia 9300i smartphone using Openswan and the Nokia VPN package?
>>

> Hello
>
> It is possible, I have done some testing with 9300 and ipsec-tools, see
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7146435&forum_id=32000
>
> I had nokia VPN box which I used to test mobile VPN, then I switched to the
> ipsec-tools and tested against it.
>
> I had no problems, I did not test very much, just that tunnels were created
> and I was able to ping, surf web etc.
>
> BR
> Kimmo Koivisto

Hi

I've read your link on Sourceforge mut am unable to relate it to
Openswan - none of the keywords used appear in 'man ipsec.conf', for
example.

Also, I'm at a loss to know how to configure the 9300 end with Nokia's
VPN tools which seem to talk in terms of access points, although I guess
that the Openswan server could be taken as an access point.

Still very confused

John