[Openswan Users] Trouble with IPSEC Windows XP client to Openswan X509 VPN server (linux)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Aug 18 11:43:04 EDT 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, rturnbull wrote:

> It really shouldn't matter which version of freeswan I'm using as long as it
> is fairly current.

"The current version of Linux FreeS/WAN is 2.06, released 2004/04/22."

Freeswan is dead. there is no "current" freeswan version.

> I have had this working before, so Freeswan version is not the problem.

> > > INVALID_ID_INFORMATION.  I will attach my oakley.log from the windows xp
> > > machine and the ipsec.log from

Provided this is a configuration error, and is fixed, you will run into
issues with freeswan.

Your log contains a full plutodebug=all information which takes an enormous
amount of time to read through. Please provide a log with plutodebug=none
and klipsdebug=none

your oakley.log says:

 8-17: 11:37:40:308:470 received an unencrypted packet when crypto active

This error only happens on windows when there is a configuration mismatch.