[Openswan Users] Odd NAT behavior with roadwarrior config

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Thu Aug 17 20:25:34 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I've got a single box on the internet with two interfaces, but I'm not
using interface 2.   I just want to create a vpn tunnel to my subnet.

I followed Nate Carlson's ipsec-l2tp page, and it's working 99% ;)
I'm able to make a secure connection, ping both the internal and
external interface, I can even ping anything on the internet.

I can do an nslookup, and I can also telnet to any box on the internet,
BUT I cannot combine the two :)   So, for example, I can:
  telnet 216.170.248.235  25
but I can't
  telnet mail.havokmon.com 25
even though I can do an nslookup.
Odd.

I'm sure my pings are going through the VPN, as I originally typo'd my
forwarding rule for the subnet (forgot the mask) - and I couldn't ping
until I fixed that.

Any ideas?

Rick