[Openswan Users] workgroup through VPN

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Aug 7 16:19:15 EDT 2006

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, nook30 at interia.pl wrote:

> I want to connect to my company network from home but i have troubles.
> Where is the problem ? Can anyone help.
>
> company network ----- linux router ----- INTERNET ------- my home pc

> My tunnel is up and works OK
> I can ping from my home pc internat computers which are in my company.
>
> I want to see my companys computers in my home computer ( Network Neighborhood )

This is really a Microsoft issue, and not a VPN issue. You need to look into
how to get "cross subnet browsing" to work. It will involve properly setting
up either an Active Directory in which your PC can update itself, or using
a properly configured WINS server throughout the company network and your
home PC.