[Openswan Users] Creating a Fedora kernel RPM with KLIPS support

ted leslie tleslie at tcn.net
Thu Apr 27 17:41:11 CEST 2006

I use a different environment they you do,

i just apply the patch to the kernel tree

i then make menuconfig and set my options
and then
make

you are running a script to push module ops into the .config
and if the module ops don't match what you have in the kernel,
its going to complain when you finish the make xconfig (or make menuconfig)

the
> IPSEC NAT-Traversal (KLIPS compatible)
> The Openswan IPsec (KLIPS26)
> KLIPS options
you reported does seem a bit to formatted, i.e. when i finish a make menuconfig,
it gives me a line by line report warning me of module/symbol mis matches,
which i assume is what you have above?

it still just seems to me that you are configuring module attributes in your .config
that are not actually valid for the state your kernel is in.

if you have mucked up your kernel (sort of got the make out of sync)
you have to do a
make mrproper
this will pristine your kernel tree, but this may not help you.

i think you need help from someone using the redhat and yum environment ...
i don't

but again the steps shuold be simple

get the openswan and  nat-t and klips packages for your particular kernel from the openswan site.
apply the patches to the kernel tree, and they should report back 100% sucessful.
Then make menuconfig (or make xconfig) on that kernel and select the options you want,
i don't echo in the options as you showed in your script, i just identify what i want
in the menu of the kernel, i..e turn on a certain encrypt options (as a module), etc.

then make the kernel

so i guess you could call this the fully manual way.

-tl