[Openswan Users] setting up a Openswan <-> Astaro Security Linux V5 VPN

Rodrigo Weymar Fonseca r.weymar at tu-bs.de
Thu Apr 20 12:56:08 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a Openswan <-> ASL V5 Road Warrior VPN connection, but can
not get it working.

As a client I have a Debian Sarge, kernel 2.6.8-2-386. I set up the
/etc/ipsec.conf file (as described in
http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/Configuring) and the Live log from ASL shows
the connection requests from the Debian machine as follows:

pluto[1110]: packet from 192.168.1.14:500 initial Main Mode message received on
x.y.z.:500 but no connection has been authorized with policy=RSASIG

So, the problem is clearly that the public keys don't match.

My question is: does someone know how to export the public key generated by
Openswan to ASL and vice-versa? Or does someone have successfully set up a
Openswan <-> ASL VPN connection yet?

Thanks in advance!

Rodrigo