[Openswan Users] OpenSwan Configuration for Manual Keys

Jay Potter jpotter at science.edu
Fri Apr 14 15:19:25 CEST 2006

Brian,

Ok, I rebooted the machine and the recyling went away.   Whew!

When I run ipsec restart I get an error in the secure log that states.

ERROR "/etc/ipsec.secrets" line 17:  index ""latomalatomalatomalatoma""
illegal (non-DNS-name) character in name
"/etc/ipsec.secrets" line 19: unexpected end of id list.

my ipsec.secrets file is like
:RSA {

          default stuff in here
          }
#do not change the indenting of the "}"

172.21.210.2 172.21.210.3 "latomalatomalatomalatoma"

and a couple of blank lines.  Isn't a string version of the key
allowed?  Does it need to be terminated?

Jay