[Openswan Users] OpenSwan Configuration for Manual Keys

Jay Potter jpotter at science.edu
Fri Apr 14 14:55:00 CEST 2006

Brian,

Ok, I've changed my ipsec.conf file the section for conn is now as follows

conn sample
   left=172.21.210.2
   right=172.21.210.3
   esp=3des-sha1

In ipsec.secrets I added the line

172.21.210.2 172.21.210.3 "la..ma" (full key is 24 characters long same
as in windows MMC)

When I restarted ipsec I now get the following message in the secure log
every 3 or 4 seconds.

"sample":  deleting connection
Restarting Pluto subsystem
Starting Pluto (Openswan Version 2.4.4 x.509-1.5.4 PLUTO_SENDS_VENDORID
PLUTO_USES_KEYRR; Vendor ID 0Ez} FFFfgr_e)
Setting NAT-Traversal port-4500 floating to off
   port floating actiation criteria nat_t=0/port_fload=1
 including NAT-traversal patch (Version 0.6c) [disabled]
ike_Alg_register_end(); Activating OAKLEY_AES_CBC: ok (ret=0)
starting up 1 cryptographic helpers
started helper ped=12159  (fd:6)      (This number is different every time)
Using Linux 2.6 IPsec interface code on 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Could not change to directory '/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts'
added connection description "sample"
listening for IKE messages
FATAL ERROR: bind() failed in find_raw_ifaces4()>  Errno 98:  Address
already in use
"sample" deleting connection

My IT guy loaded ipsec:tools and I had tried to get racoon to work, that
might be causing some sort of conflict.