[Openswan Users] Openswan and SBS 2004 - ISA 2004

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Sep 22 16:08:18 CEST 2005

John Bass wrote:

> "cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for...."
>
> ISA is not supplying the subnet it is in front off, thus no matching rule
> can be found. I can make it all bind nicely if I remove the subnet
> definition in the ipsec.conf file, but I really want a true tunnel.

Do you see the message "because no connection is known for x.x.x.x:17/1701"?
ISA Server is probably using L2TP for interconnecting the two subnets.
I have no idea what Microsoft's rationale is behind this. I can understand
that it has its uses for Road Warriors but not for IP networks...

> I wonder if anyone has nay other pointers on how to get this one running
> correctly?

Is there a way to manually configure ISA to get rid of the L2TP requirement?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck