[Openswan Users] net 2 net connection

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Sep 15 13:09:14 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 20:14, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, William Man wrote:
> > Sep 10 22:12:15 site_2 pluto[404]: %hold otherwise handled during DNS
> > lookup for Opportunistic Initiation for 192.168.3.4 to 207.46.0.27
>
> And these are the results because you did not disable Opportunistic
> Encryption.

I routinely leave OE enabled, and besides cluttering up the logs when not in
use, it falls back to teh defined settings in ipsec.conf.  I commonly see it
listed as the source of troubles for other connections though, and am
wondering in what circumstances it causes problems.  Can someone enlighten
me?

I'm leaving it on because the plan is to try to use it at some future point,
but not too far inthe future...

--
Kevan Benson
A-1 Networks