[Openswan Users] net 2 net connection

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 12:08:31 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 07:21 +0100, William Man wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have done a scan of my machine and there is no ipsec.ko or ipsec.o
> anywhere.  Do i have things missing?
> There packages that are installed are:
> ipsec-tools-0.5-2.fc3
> openswan-2.4.0rc3-1
> openswan-klips-2.3.0-2.6.9_1.724_FC3_1
>
> where do i usually find ipsec.ko?

Based on the version strings in your rpms, the ipsec.ko should be in
  /lib/modules/2.6.9_1.724_FC3_1/kernel/net/ipsec

(and probably also the same path with smp appended to the version tag).

Even better do
  rpm -ql openswan-klips

and that will tell you what was installed.
  rpm -Vv openswan-klips

will verify that the things are still there.

Incidentally I found that the 2.3.1 source rpm from the openswan site
had some errors in it which would prevent it building the kernel modules
and would prevent the build working if buildklips was defined.

	Nigel.