[Openswan Users] Deleting a specific RoadWarrior connection

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Sep 14 01:21:26 CEST 2005

Every once in a while we have a RoadWarrior connection which goes out of
sync.  One side thinks the SA is expires while the other does not.  How
do we clear a specific SA from an openswan gateway?

Let's say I have a connection like:
conn RAS
	right=%any
	rightsubnet=vnet:%priv,%no
	leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
	etc . . .

Any number of RoadWarriors will connect using this definition but my
understanding is that they are all moved to unique entries in the SAD
and SPD.  If I do something like:
ipsec auto --delete RAS
I will reset all the RoadWarriors but, if I do something like:
ipsec auto -delete RAS[6] (the way it shows up in ipsec auto --status)
it complains that it does not recognize that connection.

So, how do I clear the one RoadWarrior without resetting all the rest?
Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net