[Openswan Users] stuck at STATE_QUICK_I1

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Sep 13 18:24:18 CEST 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Pierre de France wrote:

> I tried to add leftnexthop and rightnexthop but unfortunately nothing
> changed. I still get the same error.
> I thought the " up-host command exited with status 139" message was due
> to a too restrictive firewall that doesn't accept ping.

Try to disable the firewall for a few minutes and see if that is indeed
the case.

>        ike=3des-md5-modp1536,3des-md5-modp1024!
>        esp=3des-md5!

what version of openswan is this? Openswan-2 does not use "!" to imply
strict mode. Instead, specifying anything automatically means "strict mode".

> Any other ideas ?

No. Perhaps posting an 'ipsec barf' will shed some light on the problem?