[Openswan Users] Redirecting Tunnels

Alaa Dalghan alaadalghan at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:21:19 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

I have an openswan 2.3.1 box hosting five roadwarrior connections launched
by five laptops over a WLAN infrastructure. The five clients are all windows
XP and everything works just fine.

Now I want to instruct 4 of the WinXP clients to redirect their tunnels to
the fifth client who will then act as the new VPN gateway. Only this fifth
client should keep its tunnel to the openswan gateway. In other words I want
the topology of TUNNELS to change from a star centered at the openswan box
to the following:

Can anyone suggest a way to do this in a way that is transparent to user,
and with minimum loss of connectivity and exchanged data.

Thanks,

Alaadin