[Openswan Users] Open-Swan ( on OpenWRT ) to Checkpoint NG firewalls

Andrew Frazer andrew.frazer at sententia.co.nz
Mon Sep 5 21:38:24 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am in need of some configuration help to create a vpn tunnel between an
open-swan client and checkpoint ng firewalls.  The openswan client is
running on open-wrt.    I have no choice but to use the Checkpoint firewalls
as an endpoint.  I don't need to encrypt any traffic behind the open-wrt,
just from the open-wrt box itself.

Openswan has been successfully installed.

>From what I gather, I can't use preshared keys, and user/passwords for this,
and have to use certicates, as the address of the open-wrt is unknown.

I have searched high and low, ( google, the wikis, irc etc etc ) but there
is not a lot of interop information about this particular situation.   If
anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.   I
would be quite prepared to pay some $$$ for information if that's what it
takes.

Regards

a.