[Openswan Users] Klips patch

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Oct 19 20:09:30 CEST 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, sasa wrote:

> #rpm -Uhv /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

I asusme you mean rpm  -Uhv openswan-klips*rpm

> ..but I have always:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# ipsec verify
> Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
> Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
> Linux Openswan U2.4.0/K2.6.12-1.1378_FC3 (netkey)
>
> ..and obviously I haven't a ipsec0 interface !!
> ..but why ???

As I have told you now a few times, you need to ensure that the NETKEY modules
are not loaded and that the KLIPS module is loaded before starting openswan,
otherwise it will favour loading the NETKEY modules.

rmmod af_key
rmmod esp4
rmmod ipcomp
modprobe ipsec