[Openswan Users] Klips patch

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Oct 11 15:26:26 CEST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, sasa wrote:

>> for example add after Patch814:
>>
>> Patch 815: linux-openswan-natt.patch
>>
>> then after the line (outside the if/endif there):
>>
>> %patch814 -p1
>>
>> add:
>>
>> %patch815 -p1
>
> ..sorry but perhaps I don't understand, for to apply klips patch I must modify only kernel.spec file ?? in this mode:
>
> Patch1962: openswan-2.4.0.kernel-2.6-klips.patch
> ..
> ..
> %patch1962 -p1
>
> ..however I must modify also .config ?? for to insert:
>
> CONFIG_???_???=y

Yes, but I would not do that in the rpm. The only thing that you really need
to do in the kernel build is the nat-t patch. After you have booted your new
nat-t patched kernel, you can simply run:

export KERNELSRC=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
cd openswan-2
make module minstall

(or alternatively you can use rpmbuild to build an openswan-klips rpm:

rpmbuild -bb openswan-2/packaging/redhat/openswan.spec --define 'buildklips 1'

"Happiness is never grand"

 	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)