[Openswan Users] Openswan to checkpoint tunnel closes after some inactivity. Solutions ?

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Tue Oct 4 13:27:55 CEST 2005

Hi !

Earlier this year, I posted a message reguarding this problem, and didn't
had any follow-ups. And I haven't been able to found a solution for this.

I have a openswan to checkpoint tunnel that, after some time of inactivity,
closes. If I ping, for 10 to 20 seconds, the tunnel re-opens and stays up
for 20 minutes of so.

I saw a reference to this problem in :

http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/interoperatingCheckpoint

But the freeswan mailing list archives aern't available anymore...

here's a sample of one of the checkpoint-openswan tunnel :

conn bos22
        esp=3des-md5
        left=some_ip
        leftsubnet=some_subnet
        leftnexthop=some_ip
        right=some_ip
        rightsubnet=some_subnet
        rightnexthop=some_ip
        keyexchange=ike
        auth=esp
        pfs=no
        auto=add
        authby=secret

The tunnel works and establishes correctly, but closes after some
inactivity.

Thanks for any hints.

Nicolas