[Openswan Users] ipsec_proc.o compile problem...

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Nov 29 21:24:56 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, AirWalker wrote:

> > You should either compile a module directly from the openswan tree using
> > KERNELSRC=,
> > or you should patch the kernel tree with, but not both. You both patched the
> > kernel tree AND try to compile out of tree.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> thank you, you're right, it was my mistake.
> but...
> i've purged the kernel-patch-openswan package, but the situation's worst than
> it was...
> can somebody please tell me what kind of packages i do EXACTLY need?
>
> now i have openswan-modules-source, linux-source-2.6.14 and
> linux-headers-2.6.14 installed, and i try to compile with debian/rules
> binary-modules command from /usr/src/modules/openswan, and the error list is
> longer now :(

I am not sure how the debian stuff works.

You need either:

1) vanilla kernel
   - export KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-x.y.z
   - make nattpatch > natt.patch
   - cd $KERNELSRC ; patch -p1 -s < natt.patch
   - make oldconfig bzImage modules modules_install
   - cd openswan-2
   - make module module_install

or

2) patchd kernel w openswan
   - make oldconfig bzImage modules modules_install

or

4) vanilla kernel
   - export KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-x.y.z
   - make nattpatch > natt.patch
   - make applypatch
   - cd $KERNELSRC ; patch -p1 -s < natt.patch
   - make oldconfig bzImage modules modules_install

If applying nat-t patch, even if you will us eklips inline, you
need to rebuild modules. Even if using klips as module, you
need to rebuild the kernel itself.