[Openswan Users] openswan missing ipsec interfaces in ifconfig

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Nov 25 23:56:38 CET 2005

In message <43879B59.4030206 at farrows.org> Peter Farrow wrote:

> is there any impact from RPM installing KLIPS?

A few kernels have NET_KEY built in - i.e. not built as modules. If that's
the case with your kernel, you'll have to rebuild the entire kernel from
source with NET_KEY built as a module. If you don't, the entire TCPIP stack
will fall over as soon as you insmod ipsec (Openswan's IPSEC module).

If you're going to do that, you might be best off upgrading to kernel 2.6.10
at the same time.

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem at philpem.me.uk              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB