[Openswan Users] L2tpns don't react when client is natted.

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Nov 22 17:15:46 CET 2005

> Mandriva 2006 – Kernel 2.6.12-12mdksmp
> Openswan 2.4.4 (The same with 2.4.2)
> L2tpns 2.1.10
>
> But it don’t want to work with a natted Windows l2tp client (GPRS) : the
> ipsec tunnels cames up but l2tpns don’t react as it don’t receive any
> packets.

Are you sure your GPRS provider isn't screwing you by blocking VPN related
protocols? Some providers wish to be paid extra for an APN with full Internet
access...

> I’ve posted the same message on l2tpns users list but no interesting answer.

It's probably an IPsec or firewall issue.

> I could show you config files or logs if necessary.

Please do. Upload them somewhere, or e-mail them to me and other people who
are interested. An 'ipsec barf' would be nice, too.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck