[Openswan Users] VPN to NYU

Hakim Singhji hzs202 at nyu.edu
Fri Nov 18 17:41:45 CET 2005

Paul Wouters <paul <at> xelerance.com> writes:

> So this means they are using PSK's. And perhaps (shudder) aggressive mode.
> If normally you later (with the cisco client) have to give your user/
> password (not the nyu-vpn/nyu-net one, then you also need to enable XAUTH,

OK, I am also assuming that I would want to use the Road Warrior  Configuration,
yes?

In Road Warrior it suggests to "Gather Information":

        1. Gateways static IP:

           * I could figure that out by executing traceroute vpn.nyu.edu,
             right?

        2. The IP range of the subnet behind that gateway:

           * Whoa... how am I supposed to get this information. Ask the NYU
             ITS Administrator.

        3. A name by which each side can identity itself for IPsec
           negotiations. Its form is a Fully Qualified Domain Name preceded by
           an @ sign, ie. @road.example.com:

           * Does that mean myusername at vpn.nyu.edu?

--
Hakim Singhji